Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Christmas gift!!


As Christmas time approaches, I have found myself thinking a lot about Mary.  We know she was  amazing, as the scriptures say she was “highly favoured of the Lord”.  I am sure she wondered how she would explain her pregnancy to her peers.  I am sure she worried about what her family and friends would think.  She probably knew embarrassment would come with the calling to bear the Baby Jesus.   I am sure she knew that it would not be popular to raise the “Son of the Highest.”  Yet, she responded courageously, “be it unto me according to thy word.”   Do you think she knew that she would ride on the back of a donkey, and walk for miles and miles, in labor and then, give birth in a barn?  Her response to such a call inspires me------ “Behold the handmaid of the Lord…”  In other words, here I am—send me!!!  I am confident that we too, knew this life would come with its’ difficulties and challenges.  Though not in a barn, as families change, we find ourselves, much like Mary,  walking and laboring through challenge and trial, only to finally stop at a stable………for a moments rest, in between such terrifically refining experiences.  Death, disease, illness, accident, divorce, one after another families change, just like Mary’s.  Yet, during these times, do we see the potential lesson learned, testimony strengthened, and faith enlarged?  Or do we allow ourselves to be beaten up by our own self-doubt, lack of faith and insecurity?  For Christmas, I want to give my Heavenly Father the gift of “Mary”-----having the attitude of His will over mine, my willing heart even in the face of adversity----- Here I am—send me!!  This Christmas season, I will serve rather than sorrow!!!  And in her words, “ My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour!” 

 (Garrett said, "Mom, will you build a snow fort with me?-----Remembering my Christmas gift, I put the homework, dishes and lessons aside.....snow pants on...Here I am---send me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment